Turkish Residence Permit Renewal Law Changed
The Conditions For Turkish Residence Permit Renewal Law have changed!
The Change in Law for Getting Turkish Residence Permit
According to the new provision of paragraph “e” of Article 1 of “Foreign Nationals and International Protection Law” on obtaining and extending temporary touristic residence in Turkey, foreign nationals other than citizens of the countries that are members of organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD), European Union, the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China will be granted temporary residency for one year from 1st January 2020. As per the new scheme, applicants for the temporary touristic residence extension/renewal can only apply for a residence permit at least one year after the expiry of their one-year tourist stay.
According to Turkish Migration Board officials, referrals made before January 1, 2020, even if their return date has been postponed, will be assessed. In this context, if their touristic residence permit expires and they are ineligible, applicants can obtain their Turkish residence permit through other cases such as education, immovable property or investment or work permit. Some of the other conditions are that the family of a student who is studying in Turkey will be able to renew their residence permit. Those who are visiting Turkey for the first time, can get their one-year touristic residence permit. Those who buy and invest in real estate in Turkey can renew their residence permit.
Contact Us Today To Get Detailed Information On Turkish Residence Permit Renewal Law!
Why I must apply for Residence Permit?
Any foreigner who wants to stay more than 90 days in Turkey, they need a Residence permit. If you are already in Turkey you can apply for the Residence Permits in the Immigration Office. If you are in your home country, you can apply at the Turkish consulate.
What are the Types of Residence Permit?
- short-term residence permit
- family residence permit
- student residence permit
- long-term residence permit
- humanitarian residence permit
- victim of human trafficking residence permit
What are the required documents for applying for Residence Permit?
- The photograph should be taken in the last 6 months (front, face-open, able to identify the stranger easily), the background should be white and biometric.
- In cases where the passport is not written in Latin letters, a certified translation by a professional translator or official shall be added to the application.
- If there is no distinction between name and surname in the passport, you must submit the document showing the clear identification information you will get from your own country representative.
- A birth certificate may be requested for a foreign child.
- If your expenses related to board, lodging or health are covered by the public institutions during the requested residence permit, please provide documents stating them to the administration.
- In case the person is less than eighteen years old; the consent provided by the mother / father or the legal representative that are located abroad specifying that the natural or legal person undertaking it in Turkey, must be given and submitted to the administration.