Guide to Pay Property Tax in Turkey
Do I need to pay Property Tax in Turkey?
Yes, Property Tax in Turkey is paid every year by the people who own real estate within Turkey’s borders. Municipalities collect this tax, which is arising from ownership. Also, each municipality collects within its administrative borders.
How Do I Pay my Property Taxes?
You can pay Property tax in Turkey in two installments each year. The first installment of the tax payment period, which begins on March 1, ends on May 31. The second installment payments are made in November. However, it is also possible for the taxpayer to pay the tax in the first installment period all in one payment. Hire our professional Real Estate Management services. With our Property Management Services, we can help to bring you peace of mind that your property is being well taken care of. That you are receiving a cost-effective and efficient management service and enhanced service delivery.
There are two ways to pay your Property Tax in Turkey. The first one is to visit the municipality and make the payment. The second one is to make the payment via the official website of the municipality. To manage to make the online payment please follow the directions below.
How to pay your Property Tax in Turkey online?
1. Find the official website of the municipality in which your real estate is located. You can reach the page that accrues real estate tax by choosing online payment (online ödeme) from the e-municipal services (e-belediye).
2. You need to make sure that the page you are referred to is the official page of the municipality. Besides, note that it is possible to consult the information line of the municipality if you experience any difficulties.
3. To pay Property Tax online you can check with the your Turkish Tax Number and registration number (Sicil No). After filling in the Tax Number – Vergi No (Kurumsal) enter the security code and click on the query button.
4. It is possible to see the entire Property Tax in Turkey debt breakdown on the screen in front of you.
5. After selecting the taxes you want to pay, you can click on the pay (öde) button or you can register them all with the print button below it. After clicking the make payment button, the system redirects you to the payment page.
6. You can pay by entering your credit or debit card information. First, you need to choose the card type (kart tipi).
7. Fill the required information as you see in the picture below. When you have finished entering the information, click the pay button. This way you will have completed your payment.
To show you that how to pay your Property Tax in Turkey? We used the website of the Municipality of Esenyurt for our narration. This illustration is just for embodying. When you make your payment, please select the region where your property is located. If you do not live in your Turkey or have multiple properties for investment purposes, hire our Professional Property Management Services so follow the deadlines and manage your property on your behalf.